Financial Planning and Analysis - Financial Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a financial analyst to join our Financial Planning and Analysis reporting team. Our group supports the firm’s Management Committee and business leads by producing key metrics highlighting the financial performance of the firm and each of the business units in order to drive critical business decisions. Our group also coordinates the firm-wide annual budget and quarterly projection exercises. A successful candidate will be results-driven, organized, and able to coordinate across various stakeholders.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Create Monthly Business Unit report for internal management review.
- Provide analytics such as variances against budget and prior periods. Identify and recommend enhancements with respect to content, process, and controls;
- Partner with Accounting and HR to report monthly expenses and headcount across the firm’s business units and legal entities, in accordance with the firm’s legal entity expense sharing agreements;
- Enhance activity based costing methodologies across our business units (including documentation of methodologies); Analyze resource allocation across our business units.
- Coordinate firm-wide quarterly full year projection exercises and annual budget process;
- Act as the key contact for expense reporting across our various business units;
- Partner with engineering to maintain, enhance and design Financial Planning and Analysis reporting tools.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics/Mathematics or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience(Finance / accounting experience a plus)
- Ability to work with structured data.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills.
- SQL/Python experience a plus.
- Team oriented.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.